What a crazy month September was!!! Can't believe it is October. The weather has finally cooled down, the air smells like fall. So delicious!! Life has been busy, in both a good and bad way. Lets start with the bad, work of course. Although i have to work everyday the salon has been slowing down. You would think that would be nice, however sitting at work watching movies doesn't pay my bills. I'm hoping this doesn't last very long, i would like to live off something other then ramen noodles :p. As for Ivanna Cone and Paintyourself Silly they are pretty same old same old. I'm excited that next month Ivanna is going to have an art show. I'm going to put in some of the art I've painted at sillys.
Now for the better. Mike and I just finished watching Mad Men, well what we could. Season five is going to begin in the winter i believe. After watching the show all you want to do is smoke and drink. I, however, quit smoking. So that is a very positive thing. I definitely have cravings sometimes, but Ive gone little over a month without a cigarette and i don't want to go back!! So instead i have a nice drink every once in a while. We've started to make our own old fashioned here at home.

Nothing like some bourbon, orange, and cherry!!! Not only has Mad Men been giving me a craving for a good drink, i also want to dress and wear my hair and makeup from the 60s. What an awesome era!

Thats one of grandma Iris's scarf i have. So i rolled it up and went to work! I also added one of my favorite necklaces of hers later in the day. It is the pretty owl necklace. So when we aren't pretending to be from the 50-60s we are hanging out with friends, families, and fun date nights.
The other night we stayed in and cooked dinner and watched tv shows. I made sloppy joes in the crock pot. Not too bad, next time i think i will add more mustard. i then made scotcharoo's. Mike has never had one. It is like a rice krisipe treat, but made with butterscotch and peanut butter. the only bad part is i totally burned the sugar as i was cooking, we didn't find this out until we were biting into the treat. Hard. As. A. Rock. Not my best, but we all have to fail sometimes.
Because i haven't been able to update for awhile I'm going to break up the post a bit, but i wont end this one without a few more cute pictures :)

No comments:
Post a Comment